Concept and purpose: UNLOC prepares the students to work with all aspects of logistics in a UN operation, and differentiate between national and UN logistic responsibilities. At the conclusion of the course, the students may be assigned as logistic officer in a national deployed unit to a present or future UN Integrated Mission; in a National Logistic Support Staff to a UN Integrated Mission; or as a Logistic Staff Officer in a UN Integrated Mission Headquarter.
Objectives: After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the logistic system in a UN Integrated Mission.
- Understand how logistic enabling units are tasked in a UN Integrated Mission
- Utilize key UN logistic documents to plan, execute and control the logistic
- Supervise the reception, distribution and archiving of UN key reports that will impact on reimbursement according to Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Letter Of Assist (LOA) and the Contingent Owned Equipment (COE) system.
Students will be:
- Rank level: Captain (P2/OF2) – Lieutenant Colonel (P4/OF4) or equivalent police/civilian levels. By exception, experienced Lieutenants (P1/OF1) may be accepted.
- The student must have proficient oral and written working knowledge in English language (NATO STANAG 6001/ 3-2-3-2, or equivalent).
- No translation service is available.
No course fee – 100 Euro per night for food and accommodation applies.
Pre-course study material:
It is mandatory that the following e-learning courses on NODEFICs homepage are completed before attending the course
Number of courses per year:
The course will take place at the NODEFIC conference centre at Akershus Fortress in Oslo, Norway.Next course:
8th - 18th June, 2015Application opens NLT:
23rd February, 2015Application deadline:
13th April, 2015